Strange as it may seem, the hip, artistic venues are emerging as the most popular places to be, so there’s no surprise that we have a lot of recommendations:
* Eden Club, or the Hipster’s Mecca, how locals call it, is mainly associated with hipster culture. The club stands out for its post-industrial vibe and eclectic music, combining electronic sounds with oriental and Balkan tunes. Enjoy the different music in two separate rooms or a ping-pong game to stay in shape.
Tip: make sure to check out the terrace, Eden Garden, which is filled with dense vegetation and features a tropical bar, best known for after-work drinks
* Expirat used to be a popular place for college parties, but has recently re branded into a more bohemian rhapsody. Within a new location, now it features a beautiful terrace and has everything from 90’s music to electronic and mash-ups.
Tip: every Thursday king-size drinks for regular price
* Bicicleta – the name says it all – the entire place is a temple to this simple yet great invention. From chairs and tables to lights and menus, everything is ingeniously made from bicycle parts and there’s always a young crowd to take them over.
Tip: it’s located on the 2nd floor of an old building, so it might be difficult to find. Just look out for a bike hanging off the balcony.
* Dianei 4 quickly became a favorite among locals as the only proper “ruin bar” – it feels a bit like a squat, a bit like a haunted house. The decrepit walls, old furniture and low lighting contribute to its scary but warm atmosphere.
Tip: many events take place here including concerts, workshops, theatre performances, parties and more.
* Green Hours is the best place in town for jazz and blues music. You will love the relaxed and laid-back atmosphere especially on warm evenings, while sipping a cocktail and listening some of the most acclaimed musicians of the genre.
Tip: keep an eye open for their weekly theatrical performances and concerts.